Beginners are welcome- all abilities, all ages (yes, that means you!)
Most people avoid starting yoga because they are afraid of looking ridiculous; they're afraid they'll be a spectacle. We promise you- you won't be. With time, yoga teaches us how to tune into ourselves more fully, and to get better at tuning out judgments from others- which are almost always perceived and not actually real anyway.
A-Z of a yoga class:
- Wear (or bring) comfortable clothes- (there is space for you to change.)
- Arrive 10-15 minutes early to meet the teacher and get settled.
- You can pay $10 for a single class or buy the beginner pass- $25 for 5 classes (cash or check only).
- Bring a yoga mat if you like or borrow one of ours.
- Find a place in the room that feels good and wait in a comfortable pose for class to begin.
- You can rest whenever you need to and pace the class to your own needs.
If you'd like a more thorough introduction to yoga you can sign up to do one of our beginning classes that we offer periodically. You can also schedule a private session with a teacher to help personalize the practice for your body. Email us if you'd like to learn more about private sessions or when the next beginning series will begin: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please be aware of general yoga etiquette:
· Treat the space as sacred
· Arrive on time and stay until the end
· Come to class clean and free from strong odors
· Turn your cell phone off entirely- no vibrating please
· Stay focused on your practice and work diligently
· Be respectful of your body's limits
· Be kind to yourself and others