with Suzanne Dunning
Begin doing yoga by building a firm foundation with this four-week series. Learn why this ancient practice helps us reduce stress and build resiliency by increasing our body's strength and flexibility. This series is designed for those with little or no experience and is open to all (even the very inflexible).
The class will be Sunday afternoons from 4:30-6:00
The cost is $60
- Learn how to effectively do the fundamental poses with modifications for your body if necessary.
- Understand some key ways to prevent injury.
- Learn how to breathe so that your yoga practice benefits your nervous system and lowers your stress level.
- Understand how to cater a yoga class to your level so that you leave with more energy then you entered the class with.
- Learn the basics of yoga philosophy so that you can begin to live more whole-heartedly.
Spaces will be limited to ensure enough attention to each student.
You can register by mailing a check to Tosha Yoga at PO Box 645 Arcata, CA 95518, pay in cash at the studio, or pay online (note, paypal adds 3%)
Suzanne has been teaching for 10 years and loves sharing yoga with people (especially people who think they can't do yoga).
She has a degree in Cross-Cultural Healing from UC Berkeley. And has also been greatly influenced by her studies with Jack Kornfield, Joanna Macy, Shiva Rea, and David Moreno.
Her aim is to help students feel vibrantly at home in their body so that they can live from their soul.
You may email Suzanne with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org